About Sugino Corp.
Sugino Machine Limited manufactures innovative, precision equipment for high-pressure cleaning, deburring, machining, drilling and tapping, burnishing, waterjet cutting, and more. The company’s deep history began in Japan in 1936, and the U.S. arm of Sugino Machine Limited, Sugino Corp. was established in 1980. With 80 years of experience, we help customers solve their most demanding production challenges. From our patented Super Technology engineering to our belief in listening to our customer’s feedback; our goal is reliability, flexibility, accuracy, and superior results. All Sugino products are backed by a global service and support team. Sugino Corp. is headquartered in Itasca, Illinois, with a Technical Center in Wixom, Michigan.
About Sugino Corp.
Sugino Corp., a diverse corporation, offers some of the finest manufacturing equipment available on the market today. With its roots established back in 1936, Sugino is pleased to offer reliable, high quality products, which are separated into four main categories: Selfeeder Drilling and Tapping, High Pressure Cleaning and Deburring, High Pressure Pumping Systems and Superoll Roller Burnishing Tools.
Sugino's Selfeeder product line has set the "industry standard" in accuracy and reliability for drilling and tapping units. The Selfeeder product line is available in a wide array of units, which gives our customers the flexibility and agility to handle even the most complex applications.
High pressure washers engineered with over 80+ years of experience
Sugino's high-pressure cleaning and deburring equipment is broken down into two main product configurations: Jet Flex technology and U-Jet Technology. Sugino, an OEM manufacturer of high-pressure pumping systems, incorporates proven reliable pump technology, with the flexibility and accuracy of a CNC machine tool to provide superior cleaning and deburring results. Offered in 5,000 and 10,000 PSI configurations, Sugino's Jet Flex Center technology offers accurate and efficient cleaning and deburring on critical, simple and complex designed components. Sugino's Jet Flex Center represents a patented technology that incorporates advanced CNC nozzle movement. Sugino's U-Jet technology offers superior cleaning and flushing power using Sugino's patented "Horn Nozzle" design. By submersing the component under water, Sugino's "Horn Nozzle" delivers a high impact waterjet and controlled cavitation to clean even the most complex shape work pieces. Typical cleanliness levels achieved have been documented to 0.01mg of remaining contaminant.
Sugino's Superoll roller burnishing tools provide "mirror" like quality finishes on a variety of work pieces in a single pass. Superoll tools are configured for I.D, O.D and beveled surface applications with many options available to "tailor" the tool to a specific application. Superoll tools are easily adjusted in .0001" increments to provide precise tolerances.
A history of innovation
- 1936 Parent company, Sugino Machine Ltd., founded.
- 1967 Sugino launches automatic Selfeeder pneumatic drill line.
- 1973 First electric Selfeeder revolutionizes holemaking worldwide.
- 1975 Synchro-Tapper developed with synchronized feed and spindle rotation to produce Class 3 thread accuracy.
- 1978 Sugino establishes Chicago liaison to serve North American customers.
- 1980 Sugino U.S.A. established.
- 1981 Computer-controlled, ball-screw Mechatric developed with four programmable drilling motions.
- 1988 Sugino U.S.A. becomes Sugino Corp. Present facility in Schaumburg, Illinois built. Manufacturing of American-made Newtric Selfeeder drill units begins.
- 1990 U.S. patent granted for Newtric features.
- 1991 Mechatric MSX unveiled. Utilizes Fanuc single-axis CNC control.
- 1994 Sugino Corp. develops the Jet-Flex machining and deburring system.
- 1995 MSZ Mechatric introduced with 12 pre-programmed drill patterns, cutting feed rates. Conversational NC control. 100 program memory.
- 1996 Revolutionary Duomech delivers precision drilling and tapping in one pass. Patented.
- 1997 'Jet-O-Mation' machines developed for deburring small, mass produced parts using high pressure waterjet technology.
- 1999 Jet-Flex Center Machine developed for use with a single arm robot for automated part loading and unloading.
- 2000 Model ST2 and ST3 SynchroTappers developed with AC servo motors, digital input for stroke and rpm, and four programmable operating patterns.
- 2003 Sugino Corp introduces U-Jet cavitation Technology to the USA.